The Laboratory School was a small elementary school operated by earlier versions of the University of Minnesota Duluth. The school served as a hands-on working school for teachers in training. It likely began in the late 1890s or early 1900s as part of the State Normal School at Duluth, though it may not have used the name "Laboratory School." In May 1927, as part of the Duluth State Teachers College, a new building was dedicated to the Laboratory School. Operation continued until 1967, when the school closed after spring classes ended (likely in June).