It's no secret that Minnesota's population is aging rapidly and our workforce is declining in size, with potentially seismic impacts on business, industry, and the state's overall economic health. Given these realities, how can we keep older workers engaged and productive in the workforce, contributing vital skills to help Minnesota thrive in this changing landscape? What are the conversations that need to happen - between employers and employees, and across rural and urban communities - to tackle this growing challenge?
Join us to explore how these dynamics are uniquely impacting Southwest Minnesota.
• Moderator Gary Eichten, MPR News Editor-At-Large and Retired Host
• Speakers from Ralco Nutrition, Daktronics, Southwest Regional Development Commission, Minnesota Chamber of Commerce, U of M Extension in Worthington, and more
• First-hand accounts of Minnesota employers facing an aging workforce
• Personal stories of Minnesotans wrestling with these changes
• Next steps and recommendations for employers, community leaders, and more
Jacobs, Lawrence R..
Courageous Conversations: The Aging Workforce in Southwest Minnesota.
Retrieved from the University of Minnesota Digital Conservancy,
Content distributed via the University of Minnesota's Digital Conservancy may be subject to additional license and use restrictions applied by the depositor.