Interstate Highway No. 35 in Duluth, Minnesota is a part of the National
System of Interstate and Defense Highways for which appropriations
were authorized by the Federal Aid Highway Act of 1958.
General location of the routes of the "Interstate System" as first designated,
was approved by the Administrator, Federal Works Agency, on August
2, 1947. The location of Interstate Highway No. 35 in Minnesota was fixed by
the Bureau of Public Roads on January 17, 1955, as being "from the
Minnesota-Iowa State Line southwest of Albert lea, via the Minneapolis-St.
Paul urban area and Scanlon to Duluth." Additional petitions approved by
the Bureau of Public Roads on October 21, 1957, and September 8, 1958,
extended the system to its present terminus at the east property line of 10th
Avenue East and London Road.
Bowers, C. Edward; Muller, L. A..
Part III - Coastal Engineering Model Study Of Interstate Highway 35 At Duluth, MN.
St. Anthony Falls Hydraulic Laboratory.
Retrieved from the University of Minnesota Digital Conservancy,
Content distributed via the University of Minnesota's Digital Conservancy may be subject to additional license and use restrictions applied by the depositor.