We recommend the University, colleges and departments adopt and diligently pursue the proposed goal for shared administrative services – which is to aggressively enhance the efficiency and effectiveness of administrative processes utilized by colleges or departments to pursue their missions and to support achievement of the University’s strategic goal.
We also recommend that the following principles be used to guide sharing of administrative services across colleges, departments, and units:
• Focus on the mission
• Invest in human capital
• Treat the “U” as a single enterprise
• Use resources wisely, including emphasizing the use of best practices
• Promote aggressive process improvements
• Deepen sharing for each service to the appropriate level
• Follow a deliberate and rigorous process to determine where, when, how, and why to share administrative services
The documents (executive summary and preliminary report) discuss the need for, and possible frameworks for, shared administrative services to increase efficiencies of individual colleges and departments.
Bardouche, Suzanne; Bryson, John.
Transforming the University Preliminary Recommendations of the Task Force on Collegiate Design: Small Colleges.
Retrieved from the University of Minnesota Digital Conservancy,
Content distributed via the University of Minnesota's Digital Conservancy may be subject to additional license and use restrictions applied by the depositor.