Center for Transportation Studies University of Minnesota
This project extended the existing Cyclopath and Cycloplan bicycle routing and planning system. The primary goal
of this project was to develop a statewide bicycle map. The map was intended to serve multiple purposes,
• Giving people throughout Minnesota easy access to bicycle routing information, thus making it easier for
them to utilize bicycling as transportation;
• Supporting long-distance bicycle travel and bicycle travel outside of urban areas;
• Compiling disparate sets of bikeways data -- from different sources and in different formats -- into a single,
unified dataset and tool;
• Serving as a collaborative tool for public participation and inter-agency cooperation.
We achieved these goals by working closely with relevant stakeholders – both end users and planners – over the
life of this project. The result is a version of Cyclopath that:
• Enables bicycle routing for the entire state of Minnesota;
• Features a significantly simplified and improved end-user interface;
• Adds useful new features for transportation planners.
Statewide Cycloplan: Bicycle Planning Tool & Participatory GIS.
Center for Transportation Studies University of Minnesota.
Retrieved from the University of Minnesota Digital Conservancy,
Content distributed via the University of Minnesota's Digital Conservancy may be subject to additional license and use restrictions applied by the depositor.